How to Save Money RV Trips
Since gasoline prices have been so incredibly high in recent years, many who travel in RV vehicles and trailers are trying to find out how to save money on RV trips. It is actually much easier than it may sound and if people have a bit of determination, they can cut the expenses of their trips and save a lot of money. Here are some practical guidelines on how to RV on a budget.
1. Always try to eat store bought food. When you travel, often there is a temptation to go to restaurants and diners. If you stick to store bought food, you will be in for some real savings because obviously store bought food is much less expensive.
2. Use coupons on destinations. This ranges from campgrounds to tourist attractions. All you need to do is simply use the internet to find coupons for all types of tourist attractions and campgrounds. Often you will find specials or printable coupons available for you to use. The savings will really add up.
3. If you really want to know how to save money on RV trips, be sure to use Wal-Mart and Sam's club parking lots to sleep in when you are between destinations. They are completely free to use, and weather permitting very comfortable. Most Walmart stores do allow this, but if you see signs posted for “no overnight parking”, then obviously don't stay at that particular Walmart.
4. Unload some of your vehicle weight. People tend to over pack on their RV trips which will cause much more weight to be in their RV. If you can travel light, you will be able to get better MPG on the trip. Even a two mile per gallon difference can really add up to savings over the years.
5. If you use your RV often, keep plans such as AAA or Good Sam in case of any RV trouble on the road. They can save you a fortune in tow fees.
Use common sense when trying to discover more ways on how to save money on RV trips. Many people consider an RV a “rich man's hobby”, but it doesn't have to be that way. Just remember to keep frugality in mind and you'll find that your RV can be much cheaper than you thought .
MAIN - ARTICLES - BOOKS - FRUGAL - MONEY SAVING BLOG
© Copyright Livingpress.com Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - Save money today!