How to Save Money on Groceries
The economy is pushing many people into rough financial situations and many people are seeking ways on how to save money on groceries. Saving money on groceries requires some discipline but it is actually simpler than many people imagine it to be. Some people simply don't understand simple methods of money savings past looking for sales items in the stores. Here I will help you to discover some excellent ways to keep more money in your wallet in all aspects of grocery shopping.
1. Use beans as filler to meat. It is really simple to use a lentil bean to cut 50% of your ground beef costs. Simply soak some lentils for about an hour and when you are making a meal with ground beef, substitute 50% of the beef with cheap lentils. Lentils will take on a lot of flavors including the flavor of beef and also absorb the other flavors of any spices or onions that you may be using.
2. Always shop at discount racks. When learning how to save money on groceries, it is common sense to look for sales items. However people often overlook the scratch and dent sections of their local supermarkets. Often you can get exemplary savings by buying the perfectly good products off of these racks.
3. Plan your meals ahead. On the subject of food one of the worst money wasters is wasting food. People often throw away moderate portions of perfectly good food because they either made too much or put too much on their plate. Be sure to adequately portion out your food to avoid waste.
4. Use the world staples in your food dishes. The main staples of rice, beans, wheat, and corn should often be used in your meals. These food items are very often sold in bulk and are nutritious as well. Be sure to incorporate bulk purchased food items into your meals.
5. Eat at home as much as possible. There is nothing worse than throwing away perfectly good money on dining out.
You can save so much of your hard earned money when you learn how to save money on groceries. Since food prices seem to go higher and higher by the week, it can be very important for us all to learn how to cut back on our food expenses.
MAIN - ARTICLES - BOOKS - FRUGAL - MONEY SAVING BLOG
© Copyright Livingpress.com Friday, May 24, 2013 - Save money now!