How do I Save Money on my Electric Bill?
If you are one of the many people who are asking themselves “How can I save money on my electric bill” right now, I'm pleased to tell you that there are many simple and easy ways to do it. By applying these easy steps you will be saving on your power consumption which will translate into electric bill savings.
1. Change all of your light bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs. These are the corkscrew looking bulbs and not the old fashioned round type of light bulbs. Often these types of bulbs will use 15% of the power as their old fashioned siblings. If you consider that many fixtures in your home may have multiple bulbs you could really be on a good path towards savings on your electric bill.
2. Spot heat and cool your home. Buy portable air conditioners and space heaters to cool and heat each individual room that you are in. Climate control is one of the largest power users in your home. If you localize your heating in cooling, the question of how can I save money on my electric bill will instantly be answered. You will see great savings on your electric bill.
3. Use only energy star appliances. Energy star appliances save 10% or more power than typical appliances of the same caliber. This is a very simple and effective way to save a lot of power.
4. If you live in an area that is deregulated, be sure you shop around for the lowest prices possible per KWH. Common sense should dictate to us that it is better to pay a lesser price for electricity than more.
5. If you have an electric tank water heater, install a tankless water on demand water heater. Typical tank style water heaters use approximately $50 a month on average of electricity because a tank style heater must keep the water warm all day and all night. A tankless water heater only heats the water as you use it.
Hopefully this simple guide has answered you question of “how can I save money on my electric bill”. This is a rather simple guide that has some more or less simple ways to help you conserve power and save money.
MAIN - ARTICLES - BOOKS - FRUGAL - MONEY SAVING BLOG
© Copyright Livingpress.com Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - Save money today!