How to stop paying property tax.

How to Stop Paying Property Tax 

Paying property taxes seems like and inevitable part of life. Most people do not realize that there are ways around the property tax system. As a warning this is an uphill battle, and you will leave many individuals and the appraisal districts confused. These steps are written to help individuals save money on property tax, but more to help people truly own their property where the government no longer will have any interests. These steps are legal, and you can use them to accomplish the goal to stop paying property taxes. It will require a great deal of research, and also a visit to the Secretary of State's office in your state. If you would like to quit paying your ad valorem property tax (like on a typical house taxes) this article is for you. If you are able to legally stop paying property tax, it will save you an enormous amount of money through your life. Please remember, that only a court can force the appraisal district to take you off their roll call.

1. Go to the Secretary of State's office for your state. You will need to get a certified copy of the original land grant / land release for your property. This will be a (most often) hand written deed of original release from your state to the original property owner. Read the wording of the land grant. In 95% of cases, the land grants will say that the land is released from all interests, taxation, and control of the state to all owners, heirs, or assignees forever. They are most often worded exactly like that. This is proof that you do not owe a property tax because you are an assignee of the property. If it varies, it will only vary slightly.

2. Record the boundaries that your property sits on so that you can prove that your property exists within this original land grant and you will be able to show this to the county judge about your property tax. Often to make the measurements more accurate, you can overlay GPS coordinates on your property. This will help the appraisal district and civil judges understand the geographic boundaries better when overlaid on the land grant.

3. Since you are an assignee of the land, take a certified copy of the land grant or land release to a county court. You will most likely want a lawyer here, as you will have to sue the appraisal district to remove your property from the roster. Here your lawyer will have to explain to a judge how the state has released all interest, taxation, and control over the land you reside on forever. You will also have to explain that since the state had no right to the property when the municipal corporation (the city) was formed, that the municipal corporation had no right to your land either. Also that the county had no right to right to ever give you a property tax at any time.

4. Since the judge will have no place for argument as you are an assignee to the land, you will most likely get a judgment in your favor ordering your local appraisal district to remove your home from their roll call. If you get an attorney involved or do your homework, you may be able to be reimbursed from all the years that the county charged you a property tax, compounded with interest.

© Copyright Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - Save money today!