It sends shivers down many parent's spines. The thought of their young ones and teens viewing pornography on their computer just makes them sick. Porn is all over the internet, and many people strive to block porn sites so that their children will not see it. Also many people also strive to block porn to avoid surprises, or to help them beat sexual addictions. In any case, blocking pornography sites use the following methods.
Some handy tools will be:
* Porn filtering and blocking software
1. Use a high quality porn blocking software on your computer. This is your first and best line of defense because the companies that make these types of software are experts on keeping pornography filtered and blocked. We have 5 children and love the safe eyes software. We have never had a single incident of trouble! This is not an area that you can avoid. Many porn companies try to get around this type of software and you'll need good quality software to keep your computer and home porn free.
2. On your internet router for your DSL or cable modem, you can go to the content filtering section. Some routers have site ratings and others have key words or both. The keywords are helpful as they will also ban kids from seeing them on chat rooms. This is the fine moment in every person's life when they get to see just how many bad words they know! You must type in every single combination of every bad word that you can possibly think of. I was ashamed! If you consider the content on many porn sites includes foul language your router will help you block porn simply by seeing the bad words.
3. Set your internet browser ratings to where you wish them to be. Most porn sites will give themselves a rating level (the more responsible ones at least) and the porn site will be blocked. This will work in conjunction with porn filtering software. This is a very good free line of defense that will also save you money from needing multiple pieces of porn blocking software.
4. Optionally, search and purchase internet accountability software. This will email a parent every single URL that their computer has visited. This is the last line in blocking porn from your computer.