How to Make Homemade Cleaners
Today, many people are seeking ways on how to make homemade cleaners that are safe, environmentally friendly, and also for ways to save money. Making your own homemade cleaners is healthier for your family and the environment you can also save money making your own cleaners using common household items. Here are some easy recipes that really work but are really simple to make.
1. Sink and bathtub scrub – mix baking soda with a squirt of lemon and just enough water to make a paste. You may add a little dish soap if you like. Scrub your tubs and sink well and rinse. You may to let paste set for about 10 minutes on tough stains.
2. All purpose cleaner. 1 part vinegar to 1 part water. This works great on counters, toilets and even mirrors. The vinegar smell also disappears when it is dry. Do not use vinegar on marble and be sure to dilute it properly on grout. If it is too strong it may eat away at grout.
3. Hardwood polish - Mix 1 cup olive oil with ½ cup lemon juice. This is great for hardwood furniture or floors and one of the best things to try first when learning how to make homemade cleaners.
4. Glass cleaner – mix ¼ cup of white vinegar, 1tbsp of cornstarch and 1 quart of warm water. Pour mixture into spray bottles. You can use cloth diapers or old newspaper to dry mirrors until they are streak free.
5. Grout cleaner – Mix 3 cups of baking soda with 3 cups of water. Stir until it is a paste. Scrub with a scrub brush or a toothbrush for small spaces. You can also use mixture on tile. Be sure to rinse well.
These are just a few simple recipes but I like them because they have very little ingredients, they are fast to make and they work well. They will also save a lot of money compared to store bought cleaners. With most of the recipes you can add a few drops of essential oils if you want to add a nice clean scent to your home. Now that you know how to make homemade cleaners, be sure to put them in use in your home so that you’ll be more frugal and will impact our environment less.
MAIN - ARTICLES - BOOKS - FRUGAL - MONEY SAVING BLOG
© Copyright Livingpress.com Thursday, May 12, 2016 - Save money now!